Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Le Mas Normand- By Sarah Bates

Thursday, April 19-After our tour of Normandy, we stopped at a little B&B called Le Mas Normand*, in Ver sur Mer, for the night before another long day of driving. When we arrived we were facing a large field of cows. My Gosh, the baby calves were so cute! We arrived a little earlier than expected so while the hostess made up our room we sat down in the grass and watched the cows!


















Once our room was ready, we retrieved our luggage and went up to our room! The room was very Provencal with the many colorful fabrics and the ambiance was just exquisite! There were two rooms: one for my parents and one for me. There was also a cute little tea table where I spent reading and preparing a cup of tea for others.



Around five o’clock the owner’s daughter returned home from school. Her name was Faustine and she was twelve years old. What a coincidence the same age as I. That afternoon, she asked if I would help her with her English homework and she helped me for my French homework. That evening, while my parents went out, I stayed with Faustine and her family and had dinner with them. They had a great dinner. We had a salad with rice, radishes and lettuce. And some mozzarella and tomato brochettes. It was a wonderful experience without my for me to be able to speak French and be without my parents.

No comments: